Monday, May 25, 2009

An Apology, and an interest in the future of Apostolic musicians


THE APOLOGY


My apologies for this late post. I went out of town with the wife and forsook all responsibility until this evening. My vacation frame of mind is gone, and I come to all of you with guilt, shame, and a mostly empty head. The small part that isn't empty is what I would like to now share...


THE ADVERTISEMENT


I have often wondered how many Apostolic artists there are that record their own music, but do not have enough material to make an album or the means to distribute it. I am sure that there are more than a few Apostolic musicians who have material that does not fit the praise and worship genre, and we probably don't get to hear them unless it is a state or local youth event. 


With that in mind, I wanted to make a plug for the website watunes.com, I heard about this on NPR this weekend and checked it out this morning. It is a website that allows you to sell unlimited songs, albums, music videos, and audiobooks with no upfront costs. You earn 100% of your royalties and are able to sell through iTunes, Rhapsody, and eMusic. 

This is definitely a social networking site, and I am sure the number of poor musicianship is enormous. However, for the really good band that you know who at this point have only created a Myspace music page, this is a great tool for getting some exposure and profit. 


My apologies again for such lazy and irresponsible blogging habits. I do hope that someone can find this website useful and that some Apostolic musician/singer/songwriter finds it an valuable tool for their gifts and aspirations. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info. I have a friend that is an AP artists that could us this site.

    ReplyDelete